About Our SG Heritage Plan
We will be rolling out the first edition of Our SG Heritage Plan in 2018, which will set our strategies and initiatives for the following five years (2018 to 2022). This was announced by Ms Grace Fu, Minister for Culture, Community and Youth, at the Committee of Supply (COS) debate 2017.
What Is Our SG Heritage Plan?
- A comprehensive and holistic national blueprint for the heritage sector in Singapore
- Done in close consultation with heritage stakeholders, the general public and other Government agencies
What We Hope To Achieve
- Articulate the value and importance of heritage, especially its role in connecting people, strengthening identity and belonging, and improving our quality of life;
- Highlight past efforts in the areas of heritage preservation and promotion;
- Draw up plans for new strategies and initiatives for the next five years (2018 to 2022); and
- Envision long-term goals for the heritage sector by 2030 and beyond