NATIONAL HERITAGE BOARD SCHOLARSHIP
Love heritage? Take your passion a step further with the National Heritage Board (NHB) Scholarship.
The NHB Scholarship scheme supports promising talents in Singapore to pursue full-time undergraduate or postgraduate studies (Masters qualification and above) in the fields of heritage and/or museum management or administration.
The areas of study may include:
- Museum Education
- Curatorial Studies
- History (Singapore and Southeast Asia)
- Cultural and Heritage Management
Upon completing your studies successfully, you will be employed by NHB. You will serve a 3-year (for overseas partial scholarship or local scholarship) or 6-year (for overseas full scholarship) bond on a full-time basis.
All Singaporeans are welcome to apply for the NHB Scholarship. You are welcome to apply even if you are awaiting admission to a proposed institutions. However, proof of admission into the institution must be produced at the time of your scheduled interview.
You may not apply if you are receiving financial assistance from another institution or organisation, or if you have commenced your course of studies.
If you are eligible, you would be assessed on the following criteria (in no order of priority):
- Your academic records and participation in extra-curricular activities;
- Benefits and value of the studies for yourself, and to the development of the arts, heritage and culture sector in Singapore;
- Your passion for the arts, heritage and culture;
- Your achievements, track records and relevant experience (if any)
How to Apply
Please apply for the NHB Scholarship via the BrightSparks portal. You will be required to create an account at BrightSparks portal to be able to log in and apply for the NHB Scholarship.
The annual closing date of submission for all applications and supporting documents is 15 March. Please refer to the application form for supporting documents required.
The selection process is as follows:
- 15 March: Closing Date of Applications
- May: Selection interview for short-listed applicants
- June: Successful candidates informed
- Late July/Early Aug: Scholarship Award Ceremony
Only short-listed applicants will be notified of the results of their applications. NHB reserves the right not to disclose the reasons for approving or rejecting any application, and to reject any incomplete application.
Please email Mr Lim Kok Wee at email@example.com or call 6332 3282 if you have any questions.