What's on for Pre-school
Introducing BookMuseums@SG, a one-stop e-service for teachers to browse our rich programmes offered by the museums and heritage institutions. Visit BookMuseums@SG to book your school visits to the museums and heritage institutions today.
We have resources for you which you can use for a self-guided tour with your students, in our galleries or online. Tours are at limited capacities under Safe Management Measures.
An Explorer’s Guide to Fantastic Creatures at ACM: Self-Guided Activity Trail
Go on a search for fantastic creatures in the ACM galleries! Pick up an activity trail booklet from the Front Desk, then use it to discover animals and other interesting creatures around the museum. Learn more about the exquisitely crafted Asian art objects they decorate as well.
If you are unable to visit the museum in person, download and print your own trail booklet here, then use the video resource below to explore our galleries and discover these fantastic creatures online!
Suitable for ages 5–10.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Meet Me at ACM Activity Cards
Download five activity cards to use with your child or students, in the galleries or at home. Each card has accompanying activities suitable for ages 5 to 8, with guidance from an adult. Let us know what you think about these resources through a survey here.
Meet the Crab
Meet the Dragon – this object was part of the first display (2019–20) in ACM’s Fashion and Textiles Gallery. Missed that show in the new gallery? View Fashion Revolution: Chinese dress from late Qing to 1976 via our virtual galleries here.
Meet the Fish
The resource Artful Conversations is available for parents to download and use with their children in the galleries. This resource was developed in collaboration with the Early Childhood Development Agency. You may download Artful Conversations from this link.
The Missing Mouse – ACM’s first book for children
Experience a story about friendship and adventure through ACM’s first book for children! Learn more about Asian mythical creatures as you read this story together before exploring the galleries with your students. Use the puppet templates (download here) to re-tell the story back in school. This book is available for sale at the Museum Label Shop at ACM for $20. Get your copy today!
Enthrall your students with stories of mythical creatures in Asia, or learn moral values through listening to captivating stories from the past. These tours are led by our volunteer docents.
Storytelling Tour – Fantastic Creatures
Suitable for: K1 and K2 students (5–6 years old)
Day(s): Mondays to Fridays
Guided tour: Approx. 45 minutes
We can take in tours, but only at limited capacities under Safe Management Measures.
PARENTS' GUIDE TO VISITING ACM
- A nursing room is available at the restroom located on the basement level. Please use the spiral staircase outside Privé café, or the lift opposite the staircase entrance. Standard-sized strollers are permitted within the galleries, but please be careful in tight spaces.
- Resources for parents and teachers are available here. Have a look at the resources with your children to prepare before visiting.
OTHER TIPS ON VISITING OUR MUSEUM
- Objects on display can be very fragile. To preserve them for future generations, please do not touch.
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the galleries.
- Take as many photos as you wish, but please don’t use flash.
- Talking is allowed, of course, but try not to shout or yell.
- Benches in most galleries encourage resting or thinking, or just staring at the artworks on display – feel free to use them.
Please drop us an email at email@example.com
For all school visits, please book via BookMuseums@SG website