Use of Images from Roots.sg - Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions govern the use of any images (“Images”) as approved by the National Heritage Board (“NHB”) for the purpose (including the duration and territory of use in relation to such purpose) (“Purpose”) described in the Image Use Request Form submitted by you/your organisation (“You”), as amended or supplemented by any conditions or other requirements stated in NHB’s email granting such approval.
For cases where the Purpose is deemed to be commercial by NHB and/or a signed Licence Agreement is required, please note that the more specific terms of the Licence Agreement will apply instead of these terms and conditions.
Please also note that NHB may vary our standard terms and conditions from time to time. The terms and conditions which apply to you shall be the terms and conditions at the time of your submission of the Image Use Request Form, a copy of which will be attached to NHB’s email to you for reference.
1. NHB grants to you the non-exclusive, non-transferable licence (without the right to sub-licence) to use and reproduce the Images for the Purpose.
2. You shall:-
(a) use the Images only for the Purpose and for no other use unless prior written approval has been obtained from NHB;
(b) ensure that the Images are not used or modified in any way which will or is likely to tarnish NHB’s reputation or bring NHB into disrepute or which may be detrimental to or disparaging of NHB;
(c) ensure that the Images are properly captioned with an accurate description of the artwork/artefact and acknowledgement of the artist as may be required; and
(d) acknowledge NHB as the source of the Images by using the credit line provided by NHB.
3. In consideration of the grant of the licence and if requested by NHB, you shall provide NHB with [one (1) copy of each final product/work featuring the Images].
4. You shall fully indemnify NHB and hold NHB harmless from and against all liabilities, losses, damages, proceedings, suits, actions, claims and demands, costs (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis) and expenses whatsoever suffered or incurred by NHB relating to or arising from or in connection with your use of the Images and/or breach of any of your obligations under these terms and conditions.
5. NHB shall not be liable in any circumstances for any indirect or consequential loss including loss (whether direct or indirect) of profits, anticipated savings, production, contracts, goodwill, business opportunities or economic loss in connection with the supply of the Images by NHB to you and your use of the same.
6. NHB shall have the right to terminate the licence with immediate effect by written notice if you have committed a breach of any of these terms and conditions or other requirements of NHB which cannot be remedied or if the breach is capable of remedy, you have failed to do so within [three (3) days] of being required by written notice to do so.
7. NHB shall also have the right to terminate the licence with immediate effect by written notice in the event that you become the subject of any petition, proceedings or order under bankruptcy, insolvency or similar law or if you cease or threaten to cease to carry on business or are removed from the relevant register of companies.
8. On the expiry of the approved duration of use for the Purpose or earlier termination of the licence, you shall cease all use of the Images and promptly destroy all copies in your possession or control, including any soft copies stored in your computer systems or other storage equipment or media.
9. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore and each party submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.