The effects of indoor pollution are intensified if artefacts are
kept within an enclosed environment for long period.
- pack your collectibles safely away during house renovations as
they are most sensitive to indoor pollutants.
- dust the artefacts on display regularly with a soft brush and
vacuum surrounding areas.
- keep stone artefacts such as those made from marble and
limestone indoors to avoid exposure to acidic gaseous pollution and
- put silver artefacts in anti-tarnish bags for storage.
- store textiles, paper and photographs in archival quality boxes
- have good quality mounting and framing for your treasured
paintings and paper.