The Patron of Heritage Awards, launched by the
National Heritage Board in 2006, honour and
acknowledge the individuals and organisations
that have played a key role in making heritage
accessible, informative and inspiring to all.
From stately historical buildings and precious
museum artefacts to festive celebrations and
food offerings, Singapore’s rich and diverse
multicultural heritage is one of the defining
traits of our country, and of our identity as
Singaporeans. The support from our donors and
benefactors is critical to ensure that our shared
heritage is safeguarded for future generations.
The Patron of Heritage Awards 2017 celebrates
the generous support and contributions from our
patrons between January and December 2017.
The Patrons have provided vital leadership in
cultural philanthropy, and contributed invaluably
through donation of artworks, expertise, family
heirlooms, money and time.
We sincerely thank all Patrons for their
contributions towards heritage and culture.
Scope of the Awards
Various contributions can be considered for the Patron of Heritage Awards. They include donations in cash, in-kind, artworks, artefacts, and archival materials. The awards also cover the promotion and conservation of aspects of heritage relating to our architecture, community, society and culture.
Recipients of such donations could be private or non-profit institutions, which may include:
- Museums, galleries and heritage centres
- Educational institutions
- Volunteer groups, societies, IPCs
- Private museums and galleries
- Companies and organisations involved in cultural activities
To be eligible for the Patron of Heritage Awards, organisations or individuals must have fulfilled either of the following during the qualifying period (typically the calendar year):
- Contributed artefacts, artworks or archival materials to the collection of any museum or heritage institution in Singapore
- Contributed to the building and development of museums and heritage institutions in Singapore
- Played a pivotal role in creating memorable heritage events for the community at large
- Contributed to publications and scholarships related to heritage
In the year 2013 NHB introduced a new 'Supporter' category, which gives recognition to gifts valued between S$10,000 and S$49,999. This allows more individuals and corporations to be acknowledged for their support.
The Awards Criteria are given based on the following seven categories.
Donations in cash, kind or material:
- Distinguished Patron: S$2 million and above
- Patron: From S$1 million to S$1,999,999
- Partner : From S$150,000 to S$999,999
- Friend: From S$50,000 to S$149,999
- Supporter: From S$10,000 to S$49,999 (New category)
Long-term loans (5 years or more) of materials (artefacts, artworks and others) within the qualifying period:
- Distinguished Supporter of Heritage: Value of items worth S$1 million or more
- Supporter of Heritage: Value of items less than $1 million