Government agencies communicate via .gov.sg websites (e.g. go.gov.sg/open). Trusted websites
Look for a lock ()
or https:// as an added precaution. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.
1. This is a Government of Singapore digital service.
2. By registering, accessing, and using any part of our digital service (i.e. websites and chatbots), you consent to us collecting and using the information you provide, including your Personal Data, in accordance with the terms of this Privacy Statement.
3. In this Privacy Statement, the words:
a. "We", "our" and "us" refer to the National Heritage Board (NHB).
b. "Government Agency" refers to an Organ of State, Ministry, Department or Statutory Board.
c. "Non-Government entity" refers to a person other than a Government Agency.
d. "Personal Data" shall have the same meaning as its definition in the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (No. 26 of 2012)
4. We may collect your browsing behaviour through a “cookie”, which is a small data file sent to your browser to store and track information about you when you access our digital service. The cookie enables us to collect information such as the number of users and their frequency of use, the profiles of users and their preferred sites. While this cookie can tell us when you access our digital services and which pages you visit, it cannot read data off your hard disk.
5. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. However, please note that doing so may prevent you from taking full advantage of our digital service.
Types of information that we collect
6. We may collect information, which may include Personal Data, provided by you when you register for an account, and access and use the services within our digital services.
Examples of the types of information and Personal Data which we may request and collect include, but are not limited to:
a. your personal information, including but not limited to NRIC/FIN/passport numbers and contact information, including mobile phone numbers, email and mailing addresses, nationality and/or income levels;
b. information about you from data source(s), such as Singpass, approved by us;
c. your personal opinions made known to us (e.g. through feedback or surveys); and/or
d. information from your device including but not limited to your location information, IP address, MAC address, network interfaces, device type and model, and other forms of data from your device in connection with the use of our digital services.
How we use the information and share Personal Data
7. If you provide us with personally identifiable data,
a. Where appropriate, we may share necessary data with other Government agencies, so as to improve the discharge of public functions and to serve you in the most efficient and effective way unless such sharing is prohibited by law.
b. We will not share your Personal Data with non-Government entities, except where such entities have been authorized to carry out specific Government services.
c. For your convenience, we may also display to you data you had previously supplied us or other Government Agencies. This will speed up the transaction and save you the trouble of repeating previous submissions. Should the data be out-of-date, please supply us the latest data.
Security and safeguarding of your Personal Data
8. To safeguard your Personal Data, all electronic storage and transmission of Personal Data is secured with appropriate security technologies.
Links to non-Government digital services
9. This digital service may contain links to non-Government digital services whose data protection and privacy practices may differ from ours. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other digital services and encourage you to consult the privacy notices of those digital services.
Changes to the Privacy Statement
10. This Privacy Statement was last updated on 16 Nov 2022.
11. This Privacy Statement may be changed, modified or supplemented by us from time to time, and the updated versions will be posted on this site and date stamped so that you are aware of when the Privacy Statement was last updated. Your continued use of our digital services after such notification will constitute your acceptance of such amendments.
12. Please contact us at NHB_Feedback@nhb.gov.sg if you:
a. Have any enquiries or feedback on our data collection, policies, and procedures; or
b. Need more information on or access to data which you have provided to us in the past.