School Visits and Programmes
Take your students on a journey to learn more about the Malay Regiment, the stories of their courage and sacrifice in the Battle of Pasir Panjang during World War II, as well as the history of Bukit Chandu.
A booking is required for all group visits of 20 students and above. As of Aug 2021, learning journeys are suspended until further notice as per MOE’s advisory. However, we accept soft-bookings for visits later in the year, in accordance with Phase 3 Safe Management Measures of 1 class/max 50 students and teachers at any one time.
To book a school group visit, email NHB_CCMBC_Programmes@nhb.gov.sg to check on the availability of dates, after which you may complete and submit the Schools Booking Form. Bookings should be made at least 5 weeks in advance of your visit. Our education officer will contact you within 3 working days.
Admission is free for Citizens and Permanent Residents as well as teachers, students and staff from local government schools. Admission charges will apply for accompanying non-Singaporean and non-Permanent Resident adults who are not part of the school's faculty. Please refer to page 3 of the Schools Booking Form for definitions and details of admission charges.
Resources to help you plan your visit or for use in class can be accessed via our Schools Resources Page. Detailed Safe Management Measures will be shared once your booking is confirmed.
Terms and Conditions
- For capacity control and to ensure that your students and all other visitors have a fruitful visit to the museum, we reserve the right to schedule a suitable time for your group to visit the museum.
- All visitors will need to obtain admission tickets before entering the museum. More information to ensure your group visit proceeds smoothly will be provided once your booking is confirmed.
- If no prior booking has been made and/or you do not receive a confirmation email from our education officer, your group may not be allowed to enter the museum until a later time for capacity control reasons.
- All cancellations or changes must be made in writing at least 5 working days in advance. A $50 administration fee will be levied for cancellations made less than 5 working days in advance or for no-shows.
- Educators are advised to make a preparatory visit to the museum. This will allow you to plan the necessary logistics and be familiar with our location, galleries and facilities. Click here to find out more about our education resources.
- If you have students on wheelchairs, do inform us at the booking stage so that we can make arrangements to ensure a smooth visit.