1. What are the best ages for the Museum?
Our exhibits are designed for children 5 and up. There is a play space called Play Pod for children 2 to 4 years old. Explore the full list of exhibits here.
2. What days and times will the Museum be open?
We are open Tuesdays – Sundays in four entry time slots 9am entry | 11am entry | 2pm entry | 4pm entry. We are closed between 1:00pm-2:00pm for cleaning and disinfecting.
3. Where is the Museum located?
Our Museum is located at 23-B Coleman Street, Singapore 179807.
4. Where can I park my car?
Paid parking is available at these locations:
- Public Carpark (Peranakan Museum)
- Public Carpark (Fort Canning Park)
- The Bible House
- Singapore Management University (SMU)
- Capitol Singapore
5. Is the Museum accessible by public transportation?
Our Museum is easily accessible by public transportation. We are just a 10-minute walk from City Hall (Exit B), Clarke Quay (Exit E) and Bras Basah (Exit D/E) MRT stations and located near public bus stops along Hill Street.
Ticketing & Admission
1. What is your admission policy?
Our exhibits and programmes are designed for children 12 and below, with the following admission policy:
- Adults must be accompanied by a child.
- We welcome individuals with disabilities who will benefit from our exhibits and programmes.
- For the safety of all our visitors, children must be supervised by an adult caregiver at all times.
2. Can adults enter the Museum without a child?
No. Adults must be accompanied by a child.
If you are an adult without children interested in visiting the Museum, you can look out for our Open Houses.
3. Why does the Museum have a policy of “Adults must be accompanied by children”?
As we are a Museum dedicated to children who are 12 years and below, our exhibitions and programmes are designed with them in mind. For the children's safety, they must be supervised by an adult caregiver at all times, hence adult visitors are allowed in the Museum only when they are accompanying children. Many other children's museums adopt this policy as well, in order to provide an optimal experience for young visitors.
4. Is there a limit of how many children 1 adult can bring?
We strongly encourage at least 1 adult to every 3 children.
5. Can I drop my kids off to play?
Adult supervision is required for all children at all times, unless stated otherwise in relation to specific programmes.
6. What are the admission ticket prices?
LIMITED TIME ONLY: Free entry for all until 31 March 2023. While tickets are free, advance ticket bookings are required.
7. What time slots are available for booking?
We have four entry time slots available for booking: 9am entry | 11am entry | 2pm entry | 4pm entry. Please arrive 10 - 15 minutes prior to your entry time slot. Tickets will be invalid and you will be denied entry, if you are late for more than 10 minutes.
8. Why must I book a time slot?
To ensure there’s no overcrowding in the museum, we require all visitors to choose a day and time slot for your visit. If your preferred time slot is not available, you will need to choose another one. This will all be done through our ticketing site. Please arrive 10 - 15 minutes prior to your time slot. Your tickets will be invalid and you will be denied entry, if you are late for more than 10 minutes.
9. How do I reserve tickets?
You can purchase your tickets on our website. Limited walk-in tickets are available but not guaranteed. We strongly recommend that all visitors reserve tickets in advance of their visit.
You will be able to purchase your tickets 30 days in advance of your visit. Please reserve tickets for your entire party in one order, as time slots may sell out quickly.
If you are unable to purchase tickets online, please get in touch with us by email at NHB_CMSG@nhb.gov.sg, and a member of our staff will be happy to assist you!
10. Can I purchase tickets onsite?
Limited walk-in tickets are available onsite but not guaranteed. Walk-in tickets will only be available 10 minutes after the two-hourly timeslot begins.
We strongly recommend that all visitors reserve tickets in advance of your visit. You can purchase your advance tickets on our website here.
11. Will you accept cash?
We are cashless! You can pay through NETS, Visa, MasterCard or American Express, Apple Pay or Google Pay. All bookings should be made on our Vouch ticketing platform.
12. How much time does my timed ticket allow?
1 hour 45 minutes.
13. Is proof of my timed ticket required?
Yes, e-tickets with QR Codes must be presented to enter the Museum. E-tickets do not need to be printed out physically. Visitors can show a digital copy of their e-tickets.
14. What if I arrive late for my timed ticket?
Please arrive 10 - 15 minutes prior to your time slot. Your tickets will be invalid and you will be denied entry if you are late for more than 10 minutes. Tickets are only valid for the date and time selected at the time of purchase.
15. How do I cancel my tickets?
To request a ticket cancellation, please email NHB_CMSG@nhb.gov.sg with your order number and email address associated with the booking.
16. How do I access my electronic tickets?
- A confirmation email will be sent to your email address. The confirmation email will contain a link for you to access your e-tickets. Login to Singpass to retrieve your e-tickets.
- Alternatively, you can log in to our ticketing system using the email and password set up during your order. If you’ve forgotten your password, follow the password recovery steps.
- Upon log in to our ticketing system, you will be able to access your e-tickets.
- Proceed to the entry gate and scan the QR Code for each ticket.
- Please have valid proof of identification available for verification.
Health & Safety
1. What is your mask policy?
Face masks are optional. We will continue to monitor the situation, adjust according to the safe management measures for museum stakeholders, and re-evaluate as necessary.
2. What are the Museum’s cleaning procedures?
Our Museum has positioned hand sanitisers and sanitising wipes throughout so that visitors can clean and sanitise their hands and touchable surfaces to their level of comfort.
In addition, we are closed between 1:00pm-2:00pm for cleaning and disinfecting procedures.
1. Can we bring food into the Museum? Is food available?
No, visitors cannot bring food nor eat in the Museum. Spills and wet patches could cause damage to our exhibits or electronic equipment. Help us keep our Museum clean and safe for everyone. Plain water is fine, so that our visitors can stay hydrated. While we do not sell food or drinks, we are conveniently located near many shopping centres which offers a wide selection of food and beverages.
2. Are there water coolers available within the Museum?
Water coolers are available at Level 1.
3. Where can I nurse my baby?
A dedicated Nursing Room is located on Level 2. The Nursing Room is limited to one family at a time.
4. Do you have lockers?
We do not have lockers available so pack light if possible.
5. Is there a place to park my stroller?
We have a designated area for strollers but the space is limited and unmanned. As strollers are not allowed in the galleries, visitors are advised to pack light or leave strollers in their vehicles if they are not needed during the visit.
You can purchase tickets by scanning this QR code with your mobile device or clicking on the button below.Tickets
Museum Crowd levels
Last Updated: 28 Aug 2020, 4:51:13 PM