Damage from Pollution
The effects of indoor pollution are intensified if artefacts are kept within an enclosed environment for long period.
- Pack your collectibles safely away during house renovations as they are most sensitive to indoor pollutants.
- Dust the artefacts on display regularly with a soft brush and vacuum surrounding areas.
- Keep stone artefacts such as those made from marble and limestone indoors to avoid exposure to acidic gaseous pollution and general weathering.
- Put silver artefacts in anti-tarnish bags for storage.
- Store textiles, paper and photographs in archival quality boxes or envelopes.
- Have good quality mounting and framing for your treasured paintings and paper.