Istana Building Guided Tours
Visit the Istana during one of the Istana Open House days and make your visit a truly memorable one with a 45-minute guided tour of the Istana building. Hear interesting stories about this well-loved 144-year-old National Monument, which has witnessed Singapore's colonial past, tumultuous years and independence in 1965.
Led by PSM division's volunteer guides, the building tour will interweave human interest stories with stunning architectural details of the neo-Palladian style building. Get to visit the Istana’s stately function rooms, which have welcomed royalty, presidents and other VIPs throughout its history. Tour participants will receive a special Istana souvenir brochure and an exclusive Istana collar pin. All proceeds collected from the tours will go towards Community Chest.
Istana Open House Dates for 2018
- Chinese New Year (2nd day): 17 February 2018
- Labour Day (Actual Day): 1 May 2018
- Hari Raya Puasa (Actual Day): 15 June 2018
- National Day: 29 July 2018
- Deepavali: 6 November 2018 (Saturday)
GUIDED TOUR DETAILS
Timing: 9.00 am – 3.00 pm (Tours will be conducted at 30-minute intervals.)
Duration: 45 minutes
Register at the Istana Building Guided Tour booth on the day of the Istana Open House.
Limited places per tour. Registration is on a first-come-first-served basis.
Guided Tour Fees
- Adults (13 years and above): $4 for Singapore citizens and Permanent Residents (PRs) and $10 for foreigners
- Children 4-12 years old: $2
- Children 3 years old and below: free-of-charge
*Children 12 years and below must be accompanied by an adult
Family package fees
- Family of four (Singapore citizens and PRs): $12 (instead of $16)
- Family of four (foreigners): $30 (instead of $40)